Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Look inside yourself


Here's the first of 8 brand-new cartoons for September, notable for several reasons:
  1. Did I mention 8 new cartoons? When was the last time that happened?
  2. They're all experiments in style and tone. None of them look or sound anything like any cartoon I have ever drawn before.
  3. They're mostly dark. Dark, dark, dark. To be honest, I'm a little scared to show some of them to you. But they're all queued up in the Blogger systems, so I'm going for it.
  4. They were all drawn super-fast. I spent about three hours writing, drawing and scanning the whole set. I wanted a certain energy that I would not have been able to achieve with my normal methods, so I picked pens and styles that would just flow. Consider this entire month a grand experiment all around.
I hope you enjoy 'em. Or at least don't try to have my committed after reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment